Saturday, July 23, 2011

Ahhhhhhh!

Well, it is here! I did have a plan for fun for after work yesterday, however, traffic was at a complete standstill because the MotoGP is at Laguna Seca. I guess it let out around commute time. As I sat totally stopped, I realized this was not how I wanted to spend the beginning of my vacation so I took the closest exit to take side streets home. I was pretty fried from trying to get everything ready for my departure and working a bunch of overtime to do it, so it was actually a good way to start. Even Liesl was tired and came home and went right to sleep without even touching her dinner. She has had a long week, too. She is such a trooper!

So, as my backup plan, I came home and made a healthy dinner. I asked myself what would make me the happiest as an activity and immediately decided stitching. It was so peaceful and I just stitched from the time I finished my dinner to when I went to bed. It was so nice to stitch with no concept of the time. I actually ended up going to bed early and slept for 11 hours. I was tired.

So here it is, Day 1. I puttered for a little while and now I am off to my first adventure!

Hope you have a fabulous Saturday!

1 comment:

Gloria said...

I hope you and Liesl have lots of fun adventures while on vacation.
I'm looking forward to reading about your adventures.