Thursday, July 14, 2011

I Love Thursday Nights!

Thursday is one of my very favorite nights of the week! It is knitting night and a time I get to gather with some of my very favorite people, including my daughter. Tonight the organizer, Heidi had her Mom visiting us. She decided to make us dinner tonight, complete with fancy napkins. It was delicious. Most of us had shown up weary, tense and stressed from a busy week, and by the end of the evening, we were all relaxed and comfortable. A yummy dinner, time with the girls, and really good conversation. We even talk very politely about politics, which is really rather cool. Tonight the 40's and up talked about all of the amazing things that have happened in our lifetimes - the walk on the moon, the fall of the Berlin Wall, etc. We have lived during an interesting time.

I only have one more week to go and then Liesl and I are on vacation. I am still finalizing our plans for fun and adventure. Liesl loves vacation. Schnauzers are fun motivated, so vacation is up at the tippy top of the fun pyramid. I will say that Liesl is actually one of the more mellow mini schnauzers that you will find. She goes with the flow, whether we are on a long car trip or just sleeping in late. She is a great vacation companion!

Well, I am off to sleep. I have a full day of work tomorrow and fun plans tomorrow evening!

Have a great Friday!

No comments: