Sunday, July 17, 2011

Ladybug, Ladybug, Fly Away Home...

Ahh, another great day! I am truly blessed and grateful. I had received a couple of really lovely invitations for today, but knew that I had to take today after church to get some important things done. I have five days of work before I go on vacation, so I have a feeling it is going to mean some really long days this week getting things settled at work. You know how that goes...

One of the things I had to take care of was going to OSH to get my ladybugs. There is something crazy about buying live creatures in what is essentially a Cool Whip container, but whatever. I had to wait until after sunset to release said ladybugs, since ladybugs do not fly at night so they utilize the time to set up camp and feast on the bugs feasting on my lettuce. I felt a huge responsibility for them in the house all day. Were they too hot, too cold? Did they have enough food, etc. All was well though and I am happy to say that upon release they all looked cozy and snug as...well, you know...BTW, I will say that I was a bit disappointed by the quality of the bedding plants at OSH. Home Depot's plants are far healthier and far more vibrant in color, for a lesser price, too.

I got all of my stuff done today, whew. Ironing, bill paying, a little bit of gardening, etc. Best of all, I got to sit and stitch for two whole hours. I finally got to see "The King's Speech." It was one of the best movies I have ever seen. Love, love, love Geoffrey Rush. He makes a really good Barbosa in the Pirates movies, too.

So all in all, a really good day. Except for the fact that I had just given a certain schnauzer a full bath. She made like she had to go outside to go potty and immediately stuck her head down a gopher hole. sigh.

As I mentioned earlier, this is going to be an incredibly busy week. So I am off to bed early. I will post a photo of my stitching update in the next couple of days.

Have a great Monday!

No comments: