Monday, July 25, 2011

Quiet Monday

Woke up to an absolutely gorgeous day this morning. I decided that Liesl has been patient the past couple of days while I was out playing, so she needed a special day. Her favorite word is "beach" and all I had to do was ask her if she wanted to go. She was pretty excited and was running in circles and barely let me put my shoes on.

The beach in Carmel is a mile long each way and we walk from one end to the other (two miles round trip.) It is a very nice beach. That green lawn in the background is the golf course at Pebble Beach. The best thing about this beach is that it is a dog beach, which means that there are no leashes required. Liesl gets to meet and play with other dogs, and runs like the wind. She also splashes in the Pacific. This is a Disneyland for dogs.

Here is Miss Liesl running at top speed to clear the beach of birds. She considers this to be her duty and runs really fast. Here you can see that her feet are barely touching the ground.
She was exhausted when we left. But she had a huge puppy smile on her face. She could barely hold her head up in the car.

By the time I had gotten home from the beach, the weather had changed and it was cool and gray. This is normal here on the coast. I gave Liesl a bath and decided to just stay home and relax. She napped the entire afternoon on her pink blanket. I scoured my kitchen, cleaned my living room and bedroom and spent the rest of the afternoon stitching. I was actually glad to have some time to be domestic. I even got to cook myself a really nice dinner. I think tomorrow I would like to do a little gardening and baking. I thought about taking a little road trip south tomorrow, but realized that I would like to have another day relaxing at home.

Well, I have been thinking about Moose Tracks Ice Cream all evening. I may have to run out to the store...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't imagine living that close to Carmel. It is one of the prettiest places I have been. I am so glad that you had such a lovely day.

Patti said...

Hi Beth,

Yes, I feel so fortunate to live here. I agree this is one of the most beautiful places on earth and I remind myself all of the time that I am pretty lucky to live among all of this natural beauty. Carmel is also the dog friendliest place to be. I love that I can take Liesl pretty much anywhere there.

Let me know if you are ever in town again! It would be great to meet up!

Patti