Monday, July 11, 2011

Oy Vey! What A Day!

It was not a bad day at all, just a cold one. It started last night. I had to wear woolie socks and put an extra blanket on the bed. Brrrrr. Liesl even slept on the bed all night. Usually, she gets hot so she will go sleep in her own bed during the night. I woke up this morning and she was curled up behind my knees.

I think the quick weather change caused me to have a big honkin' headache today, which fortunately is a rare occurrence. Add on top of that my being cold. (I hate to be cold!) My headache kept getting worse and worse all day. Around three, I decided that I should have a plan for how to make myself feel better when I got home after work, so I pictured a dream evening so I would have something to look forward to. Here is my plan and how I implemented it:

I decided to leave at 5, no staying late tonight, because I knew I could not be effective at my work. I thought that I did not want to cook when I got home, so I picked up comfort food on my way. Did you know Jack in the Box has Bacon Cheddar Potato Wedges? Nor did I! All of my fave food groups! LOL I got an order and a taco. I came home, put on my jammies and warm socks, turned on the heat, made some sugar free chocolate milk, put "Despicable Me" in my DVD player, ate my dinner and then stitched. Liesl must have had a headache, too, because she has been asleep all evening and did not even eat her dinner. She is curled up with her new stuffed bumblebee, sound asleep...

When I first arrived home, I saw that my book that I ordered last week had arrived. Yay! I have wanted this book for so long. It is the size of a typical craft book and about 100 pages or so. There are nice, color pictures in it. The diagrams are all in color. What I find really useful is the inclusion of some international symbols as well. It is a good value for the less than $10 I paid for it. For the original $35, I had envisioned something a bit thicker as more of a reference. I do like the history the motifs and why they would appear in stitched pieces.

So all in all, it ended up being a good day. My evening was like a perfect little mini vacation and I am happy to say the headache is easing up a bit. I will walk extra tomorrow to deal with the comfort food. I am grateful for the peace tonight. I am also thinking after watching Despicable Me, that I need cute little minions to do my housework. Just sayin'...

No comments: