Thursday, July 7, 2011

Girlfriends

I think the world is a much better place because of all of the wonderful women that I know that I get to call my friends. They are all just so lovely, smart, and absolutely true blue. Tonight I got to go have dinner with my best friend. She has been travelling in Europe with her hubby the last few weeks so I was pleased that we were able to catch up. It was cool to hear about their journey and the things that they saw.

The lace piece above is actually a tablecloth that she brought for me from Spain. It is so pretty and has a lot of embroidery as well. It came with four matching napkins and I said that we will have to have a tea party. It was so kind of her to think of me. This is something that I will always consider one of my treasures.

It is funny because we usually spend quite a bit of time talking at dinner. Tonight our conversations ranged from travel to religion, to shoes on clearance, to our dogs, to Christopher Columbus to the Ottoman Empire. It is pretty cool when you can have that range of subjects in a short span of time. We also laugh our heads off.

Thank goodness for friends! They bring so much joy to life!

2 comments:

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Sounds like you had a great girlfriend dinner !!! I love spending time with my girlfriends!! WE are always laughing!!!

kimstitch3 said...

awww you too girl. Glad you are my friend too.Kimberly