Saturday, July 16, 2011

Having A Great Weekend!

I am enjoying a wonderful weekend so far! Last night I went to see the play, "Once Upon A Mattress" (the story of the Princess & the Pea) at the 101 year old Forest Theater in Carmel. Going to the Forest Theater is a local tradition. It is an outdoor setting, where you bring your picnic dinner, a bottle of wine, and your blankets. My friend picked me up at 6:30 with a wonderful picnic dinner of cheese, bread, fruit and a beautiful bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon packed for our dinner. We got to the theater, spread out our blankets and enjoyed munching on a yummy selection of goodies. Because this is a local tradition, I also ran into a lot of people that I know, which makes it really cozy. The play was a lot of fun. The singing and dancing was great. It was so much fun! A total blast! My friend dropped me off at about 11, and I was exhausted!

I got home and spent some time, hugging and kissing Liesl to make up for being gone all evening. She forgave me and we both went to sleep at around 11:30. It was so hard to open my eyes this morning. Liesl and I slept in and awoke to a gray morning. I decided to take it slow getting up and read my book for a couple hours. Liesl decided to keep on sleeping next to me. When I had read for enough time, I looked out and saw that it was a gorgeous, sunny day, so we headed outside.

It was so gorgeous all day and I got so much done in my garden. It felt good to do the work and see the beautiful results. I never fail to be amazed at how fast I can fill up the big green recycling bins with weeds. My flowers are blooming and it is just a joy to sit there and look at all of the beautiful colors. The only thing that is bumming me out is that little bugs seem to be eating my lettuce. No bueno. I am going to try to find some ladybugs to buy in hopes that they will solve the problem. Ladybugs are an ecological way to deal with garden pests. They have a ravenous appetite for little buggies. I don't use poison for several reasons--environmental, safety and most of all, because I have a little dog that enjoys the garden as much as I do and I want her to be perfectly safe.

No stitching today, but that was okay. My house is clean, my laundry is almost done, and I feel like I have accomplished so much today. I spent the evening playing with my little furgirl. She cracked me up because I had my grocery basket on the floor from unloading groceries earlier. She very purposefully picked up her stuffed ladybug, one of her very favorite toys and put it in the basket and then started to look for something else to put in there. She was smiling and looking very proud of herself. I wondered if it was because she sees me picking up her toys every day and putting them in her toy basket. She is something else. LOL She got lots of attention tonight and then insisted on her nightly tummy rub so that she could go to sleep. She is not spoiled, I am just well trained. LOL

Hope you are having a fun weekend, too!


No comments: