Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Transformation

About a month ago, I was perusing the clearance case at the local Target. I love clearance sales. This necklace was in the case with a red tag for $7.48. The picture does not show it well, but the big pendant at the bottom is dark green, has a geode type edge and has kind of crude facets cut into it. It is quite striking. I originally thought that the stone was actually glass, but when I held it up to the light, I could see veins throughout it, meaning that it was stone. The necklace was absolutely ugly though. However, I figured the stone alone was worth more than $7.48 so I bought it. (The stone is about the size of the palm of my hand.)
I work with someone who does really fabulous bead work. I showed her the necklace to get her advice. She looked at it and said, "That is so wrong." LOL She said that the stone is so fabulous that I should just let it stand on its own by using a satin cord, so that there is some sheen to it, adding a touch of elegance.

I had to go over to Marina today where the local Michaels is located. I won't talk about the sad state of the shrinking cross stitch section...Anyway, they had the cords for $3.99 with the clasp already attached. It looks so much prettier now. I really wish I could capture the color of the stone for you.
They were having a 50% off sale on their Bead Gallery beads. So I picked up a couple of pretty things, too. There were so many nice pieces. But I was strong...

I am a tiny bit achy tonight. I sorta overdid it with my gardening today. The sun finally came out and warmed everything up. I took this as a sign that I needed to go play outside. I got out the electric hedge trimmer and trimmed everything that needed it. I also transplanted a bunch of plants. My arms are feeling a little bit rubbery. I have heard that ice cream helps. I should go try that remedy...LOL

1 comment:

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Just goes to show that sometimes, less is best. Such a pretty stone! Yes.......I agree......ice cream is a certain rememdy for aches and pains! blessings,Kathleen