Saturday, June 27, 2009

Birthday Party!

Tonight we had my DS's 21st birthday party. It was one of our best family parties. We had had plans of barbecuing at the beach, but it was cold here so we went with plan B. We figured that no one would have a good time if they were cold, so we decided to have fried chicken and stuff at my house. It was a terrific party. My DD and DSIL were here and it was just such a great time. We laugh alot and talk about a lot of great stuff so it is so much fun to have them here. I am so lucky that we can all be together. It was a special time. I just can't believe that DS is 21 and DD is going to be 26 next month. Which reminds me that I now have to plan her birthday next. Perhaps we will go on another road trip to go yarn buying.

Miss Liesl is pretty exhausted from having everyone coming to visit her. She had played really hard at the beach today so she was already tired, but then all of that activity made her really sleepy. She is so funny and reminds us of having a toddler, because she will get her cranky on when she is tired and will walk around complaining until she finally sits still and then the long blinks come. She is now zonked out on her blankie, breathing deeply and dreaming of chasing squirrels.

One of my favorite things in the world is a squeaky clean house. DH and I scrubbed the house down today in preparation for the family party. I was able to stay ahead of the dishes so we had the dishwasher reloaded and the counters cleaned up within an half of an hour of everyone leaving. So now the house is super clean. It just looks wonderful. We even bought fresh flowers for the house today. Since all of our chores are done, the only thing left for us to do is relax after church. I plan on stitching all afternoon and watching Tony win the race. We have lots of leftover fried chicken so we dinner is already prepared. I am stoked. Stitchy day!

Well, I am off to cuddle a small, sleepy doggie...

No comments: