Sunday, June 14, 2009

Where Did The Weekend Go?

Today was pretty busy. We had plans to take a friend from church out for lunch for her 87th birthday after the service. She is a neat lady, and is one of the busiest people I know. Oy vey! She volunteers for a couple of charities, does work for our church, knits and crochets baby blankets for a charity and has a very busy social life. She also travels around the world and even recently snorkeled in the tropics. She is an inspiration to me for what the 80's and 90's could look like when I get there. It actually makes me look forward to them.

We went to her favorite restaurant where we usually meet her. This is also one of our favorite restaurants. It is the one that serves good German and Swiss food. I got to have schnitzel. Yum!!!! I forgot to ask for spaetzel, but DH shared his with me. He had the bratwurst. It was delicious. We got home in time to see the last 17 laps of the race, which was amazing. I have never seen so many top cars run out of gas on the final lap before. It was unbelievable.

I had a few chores to do, while DH took Liesie for a long walk. Next thing I knew, it was evening. The day just flew by.

I did get to stitch a bit. I am still working on the boxes. I hope to finish tomorrow night so that I can fill in the letters. It is nice to look over to the left and see those nine boxes all done. I am so excited about these and getting to start the fun part.

Hope you have a wonderful week!

No comments: