Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

Hope that everyone had a happy and safe 4th! Ours turned out a little differently than I had planned. Last night, I went to sleep at about 10:45. At 11:04 DH woke me up to inform me that I was snoring, which I most emphatically deny. LOL I went right back to sleep only to awaken at 11:35 to Liesl barking, growling and running down the hallway. I did a quick check and did not see anything going on. So I put her back in her bed and went back to sleep. At 12:10, she was up and insistently barking and running again. It was then that I heard a loud woman's voice, either arguing or at a party somewhere in the neighborhood, which is not a common occurence around here. I was too sleep deprived to make it out. I realized that this would probably continue for a while, and Liesie would only be up and warning all of us for as long as it was going to go on. It would be fruitless to go back to bed, because she would be up and down and I would be a wreck. So I got up, tucked my little furgirl into her blankie on the sofa and turned on the TV to watch Craig Ferguson. (He cracks me up!) I was not able to get back to sleep right away from all of the going to sleep and waking up I had done in an hour.

I am not much of a night person, so this really threw a wrench in the works. I woke up at 9 this morning, way late, and still exhausted. I had so much planned for today, chore wise, but was too overly tired, so it took me a while to get started. I did not get half of the things done that I wanted to.

I did get to stitch in the afternoon. We decided to make this a day of rest and to try to get our stuff done tomorrow, when I have a clearer head. I got a bunch done on my Farmer's Alphabet. I think I should have it completed by next weekend. I was able to stitch most of the race until we had our scrumptious barbecue. I have had such a great time stitching this that I am almost sad to see it end.

I am posting a photo of my acquisition this week. I found this beautiful pair of Premax scissors on ebay for $13.99. They are made in Italy and are quite pretty. The colors and pattern are quite lovely. They are not as heavy and substanstial as Ginghers, but beautiful in their own right. They are also very sharp. The pair of scissors that I would love to have are a pair that I see on a lot of European blogs. They are almost pewter in color and have an intricate, kind of Gothic design. I have never seen anything indicating who makes them and if they are even available in the US. Someday, they will be mine...

1 comment:

Carol said...

Hi Patti! Thanks for starting the "Show your blogs" thread on 123 stitch--I love looking at others blogs and meeting new stitching friends. You have finished some lovely, large projects--this year I am sticking with smaller projects and just having fun with my blog. Your PS Farmer's Alphabet is looking great...