Thursday, October 28, 2010

Amazing Day!

You know those days that are few and far between, where nice things happen, your work seems effortless, and everything sort of feels in sync. Well, I had one of those today and it was pretty cool. I think I have shared in the past that I work at my dream job with really wonderful people. I really enjoy being around the people that I work with, and I look forward to going to work in the morning.
It was a pretty busy day, as always at work, but in the afternoon our team had to decorate our pumpkin. We have really fun people on our team, so we laughed alot in the creative process. We also put together a darn cute pumpkin. It was really fun.

Tomorrow is our party at work. I will tell you in the past, I have cringed at the notion of the company party, because in many companies they really are not much fun at all. But I have to tell you that we have really fun company parties that everyone looks forward to. It will be raining tomorrow, but we will have barbecue, and contests, and good camraderie. The employees' dogs will also dress up and are invited to participate, too. So Liesl will be with her favorite dog buddies and people buddies. What is amazing is that all of the dogs are off lead and know to be on their best behavior at the parties. The dogs seem to know it is a special occasion and do not wander off, nor do they cause any trouble. They all get along and add something extra special to the party.

Have a happy Friday.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

You are so fortunate to have a job you love! My job is awful and everyone I work with also pretty much hates theirs and is counting the years to retirement. It makes me sigh to think of past jobs where we actually used to have a bit of fun like team lunches, parties, etc. I work for an international corporation that doens't know how to spell F-U-N. In fact we actually had a director who didn't want us to have a potluck lunch because "we're not here to have fun"! I hope you have a great Halloween!