Saturday, October 9, 2010

Serene Saturday

Today was a good day. I got to sleep a bit late, which is helping with the crud that I am getting over. Then it was off with my daughter to get our hair cut. We did not make it to the craft store, which was okay. I did duck into Target though for dog shampoo. What can I say, I lead a very glamorous life.

One of the features with this bug that is going around, is the inability to stay awake. Liesl and I ended up taking a really long nap this afternoon. I am hoping that I am at the tail end of this thing. I had been reading my book, which is a really great book, so in a way I am sort of bummed. I am reading "Loving Frank" about Frank Lloyd Wright and the nine year affair that he had with one of his clients, in spite of being married to other people and nine children. It came highly recommended to me.

I will get to stitch tonight, and I am so happy about it. As you can see, I have made a lot of progess on Willie. He is so darn cute and is such a fun stitch. I am a bit bummed that the camera does not show that he is really sparkly. I love Lori Birmingham designs.

Tomorrow after church will be my day of domesticity. I have been talking with a dear friend who does a lot of her cooking on the weekends for the week ahead. She does this so that she will eat healthy during the week rather than popping something processed into the oven or grabbing take out when she is tired or too stressed to cook. This strikes me as a brilliant idea. I have a few veggies in the fridge that I need to use up, so I will make minestrone tomorrow. I love hearty soups so I will have good lunches. I also have some bananas that need to be used so I am going to make banana bread. I think I may make some cookies, too, for the evenings that I just need something sweet. I am looking forward to this. Tonight, I cooked up the rest of the chicken breasts that I bought last week, so I have chicken for salads or meals this week. Now I will have more time to stitch during the week, and I will eat healthy. Yay!

No comments: