Thursday, October 21, 2010

Friendship

A good, albeit tiring day. I had to go to a payroll workshop early this morning. I really do like going to workshops where I learn a lot. I like the ones that help me to do a better job. This one was really good and I got a lot out of it. The only problem with going to a workshop in the morning is that I was hustling to get caught up the rest of the day.

A big bummer in the last couple of weeks of getting over my bug was that I have not been able to see my friends, or ever talk to them on the phone. I have been catching up with people one at a time over the past few days. I have really missed everyone. I got to talk to a wonderful, really wise friend on the phone tonight, which really made me happy. We laughed and caught up on the news. Then we somehow got on the subject of friendships. She said something really profound to me, about the true abundance of love that you get in your friendships. Wow! I have never really thought about it like that before. I have been thinking about that all evening.

I think about the abundance of love that I have received, particularly in this past year. I have wonderful friends who have brought me flowers, called me, prayed with me, laughed with me, walked dogs with me, had meals with me, invited me over for holidays, and have told me they love me, particularly when I have been down. Wow. I think about how these friends have provided a special nourishment in my life. I include Liesl in this picture, as well. She has been a beautiful companion and has also given me an abundance of love.

Tonight I think about God's grace and the blessings of the abundance of love from Him and my friends.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have a very wise friend!! I agree...friends are the gifts we give ourselves...so, choose wisely I always say! Like you, I too am blessed with a wonderful, loyal, and loving groups of friends...they have enriched my life in more ways than I can count. And yes, that includes my 4 four-legged friends!! LOL! Your little girl is a cutie BTW...

And, please stop by my blog to enter the Halloween giveaway I have going on until Oct 30...

HAPPY STITCHIN'
Terri