Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Ides of October Are Upon Us...

My goodness. Can you believe that we are halfway through October? Time is flying by at a record pace. I am in the mood for something with pumpkin in it and may have to bake something this weekend. I love pumpkin anything. Hmm, now that I think about it, perhaps I should bake a sweet potato pie. Delish.

We had an interesting workshop at work yesterday. It was really good and had me thinking about it throughout today. One of the things that was brought up was that we each have a system of reward for ourselves. This got me to thinking on a deeper level of how I reward myself. I reward myself and my working hard by sleeping in on Saturday mornings cuddled up to my dog. It makes me happy and I look forward to it. I reward myself by setting aside time to stitch or read at the end of the day. I reward myself by walking by the water, or making myself a nice meal or having dinner with a good friend or family member. I had never considered these things to be rewards, but somehow it makes them seem ever more special. The other thing the workshop leader brought up was that we need to protect our rewards. I found this to be really intriguing, because when I am stressed or get over extended with commitments, these are the first things to go. As a result I get tired, cranky and feel really stressed. I never thought about protecting these things. But they are really important and I need to guard them with special care.

I am looking forward to the weekend. I am still trying to get rid of the crud, so I am looking forward to resting. I may not even get out of my jammies on Saturday. I have not had a jammie day in a long time. I think I am due. In any case, it will be nice and quiet. I think I will reward myself by finishing Willie!

1 comment:

mbroider said...

I loved reading about the rewards part.

Thanks!