Sunday, April 26, 2009

Bargain Of The Weekend

I love a bargain. Yesterday, whilst grocery shopping I wandered over into the floral section of Safeway. I never go to that particular department. However, for several weeks they had been carrying cut daffodils for $1.99 a bunch. They were gorgeous and smelled heavenly. They did not have daffodils, however, they had these gorgeous glads for 2.99 for a 5 stem bunch. We got two bunches. They are about 3 1/2 - 4 ft tall and filled my back seat of my PT Cruiser. Yikes! They were actually a bit weighty and awkward to carry to the car. I did not want the wind to break them.

I can not believe how gorgeous they are for a total of less than $6. They filled a (very heavy!) vase. They will bloom for days to come. I can not believe my luck. One bunch is a pinky lavendar. The others, which happen to be my favorite are a variegated cream and salmon. I have a thing for variegated flowers.

Today was one huge crash after another at Talledega. It was actually a bit scary. I can not imagine what it would be like to have your family member in one of those cars. I really hope no one was hurt, particularly any fans or Carl Edwards in that last crash. I do not think I have ever seen anything like that. I thought it was a bit cool when he just ran across the finish line. He had a lot of class, as always, about the whole thing. The race was ridiculously long, so I got to stitch for quite a long time. I am on another row of scotch stitch so you know I am happy dancing!

I am holding our country and our world in my prayers right now as we continue to receive news about the possible pandemic. I pray for the weak, the sick, and for all to be protected. This is a very scary situation.

Wishing you a happy week.

No comments: