Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

I was weak. I caved. I wanted to stitch this afternoon, but realized that if I took out one more strand of olive green floss, that I would most definitely go mad. I like to see one project through to the end, but I truly needed a break. So I watched the Deadliest Catch marathon, and got started in on my reverse scotch stitch with my nice Northern Lights silk floss. It was a lot of fun, except for the guilt...

It was a lovely day here. We started at church this morning. I was the assistant minister and my hubby played his trumpet, so we were pretty busy during the service. It was a truly beautiful and moving service. Afterward, Bob took me (and Liesl) out on a date for lunch at one of our favorite little places (which also caters to dogs.) It has a caribbean theme. I had terriyaki flank steak, DH had the pan seared mahi mahi and Liesie had the chicken breast. It ended up being a nice afternoon. Liesl always sleeps pretty hard after she has chicken breast. We refer to it as "her chicken coma." We were pretty tired too, so it was nice to be able to stitch and just have some down time.

I am pretty darn excited that the new season of Deadliest Catch starts this Tuesday. We alway say that after you watch that show for a while, you have no problem paying $12.99 a pound. Sheesh. It is hard to believe what those guys put on the line in order to put food on the table.

The Aaronic Blessing looks like it will be a lot of fun to stitch. I really like scotch stitches. They really jazz up a piece and they go really quickly. The colors all go together really nicely. Plus the silk feels so nice in the hand. I will work on this for a while and then go back to stitching on the Lady. Both projects are in my stitching case, so I should be able to go back and forth between them.

No comments: