Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Heatwave, Day Two!

95 today. No lie. It was like walking into a wall of heat when you opened the door. I threw caution to the wind and wore some cute opened toed shoes to work. The heat was making everyone's feet swell, so I eventually switched to flip flop's with my dress. I was walking around in with my Bilbo Baggins' looking feet, and decided it was time. Winter needed to be removed from my feet. I called my DH and told him I was going to be an hour late. The I called my DD and told her the that the time had come. We needed our toes done. We met up at the mall and I am proud to say that I have fire engine red toes. Yay!

I am happy to say that the temperature has dropped since nightfall and I am wearing a polarfleece jacket. Last night was so hot. We had all of the windows open. The racoons or some critter decided to throw a party in the yard, which woke me up at 1:30. I did not get back to sleep until 4:48. I was up between 5:15 and 5:30. I was regally bummed. I love my little dog and love it when she decides to cuddle. However, last night, in the heat of the night, she decided that she loved her momma so much that she should cuddle her and add her little radiant heat body to the already hot air of the night. I guess this is a small price to pay for that unconditional adoration. I am thinking we should all take our hugs wherever we can get them.

I was so tired today that I did not get to stitch. I got home feeling pretty mellow from the foot massage portion of my pedicure. We had crab louie for dinner, then Liesie and I came into the bedroom to watch Deadliest Catch. She is sleeping so soundly and so sweetly.

My stitching bag is calling to me, but I am so overly tired that I just know I would end up frogging anything I stitch. I really wanted to get a few stitches in. Plus it is so much fun to stitch, so I feel a little lost not playing with it tonight.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Wow--Hopefully it cools off some for you. We here in Kansas are enjoying 70-80 degree days and 40 degree nights. And some Rain--Yeah!!! I enjoy reading your blog and you dog is too cute. Stay cool and take care!
Theresa in KW Kansas

Patti said...

Hi Theresa! Thank you for taking the time to read my little blog and for your very kind words!

It has cooled down here, but I would love having rain like you are! Great stitching weather!

Happy Stitching!
Patti (whose husband was born in Lawrence, KS)