Saturday, April 25, 2009

Work In Progress

I am making progess on my Aaronic Blessing. The scotch stitching goes way too fast for me. I just have so much fun with that stitch. I started with the bottom half of the piece and will be heading towards the top within the next few days. It is really a fun stitch and I am enjoying it immensely. It is one of those really fun stitches. The other one that I had a lot of fun with was the Celtic Banner. It was a blast to stitch and one that I did purely for the fun of it. It matched nothing in my home. I ended up giving it to a very dear friend who was moving away a few years ago.

It was a quiet day around here. Other than a little grocery shopping, I got to stay home. There was a Nationwide race on. They are at Talledega this weekend, which is probably my most favorite track. It is a wild one, that is for sure. Tomorrow should be really interesting! My friend and I at work were talking the other day about what we love about NASCAR. For me, it is the teamwork, the strategy of the temperatures, the light, the gasoline and tires. It is amazing to me the kinds of decisions that go into winning a race. It is very cool.

I am planning on making my famous lasagna tomorrow. The sauce takes 2 1/2 hours to simmer and is so delicious. Since I do not know how to cook in small portions, we will be having this for lunch for weeks. LOL Actually, we will probably freeze half of it. It is so yummy and I only make it once every few years now.

I was a little worried about little Miss Liesl earlier. She had the chills and was shivering. Then she got pretty sick to her stomach. Poor little girl. She fell asleep in my arms and slept until my hand was getting numb from being in the same position. Then I covered her up on the sofa and she slept the afternoon away. She is back to her usual sparkly and mischevious self, thank goodness.

No comments: