Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday Night Stitching

Today was one of my typical payroll Mondays. I am a bit obsessive about always making sure the payroll is right because I know how demoralizing it can be when your check is wrong. So, I do tend to stress out because I was want to make sure that I get everything input correctly. Plus the payroll system is still a bit new to me so I am still learning some of the system's "quirks." All in all, it is pretty satisfying when the output is letter perfect. I put a lot of pressure on myself every other Monday.

To relax a bit, I came home and stitched. I am happy to say that I finished the bottom band at lunch today. When I got home I moved my Q-snaps up so that I could finish up the band above it. I only have a few more Smyrna Crosses to do and that band will be done, too. Then I can concentrate on the upper half of the piece. I am just itching to do my favorite, scotch stitch in yellow. The Smyrna Crosses, not so much. My stitches do not look uniform as I would like, and I just feel like it covers too much space with the thread, so there is more space for the thread to do what it wants.

As I indicated earlier, I got to move the Q-snaps up so that I can stitch in a new area. I seem to be Q-snap challenged. I can not seem to put the piece on the frame thingy without the fabric going on all wupperjod (crooked.) My stitching all seems to be done on a slant. I am wondering why it always looks so pretty in other people's pictures and mine looks kinda sad. I would do anything to become master of the Q-snap.

It is really cold here. I got all excited last week during our mini-heatwace, but, alas, it did not stay. It is just plain frigid and I find myself wanting soup and hot tea. Oh, by the way, this is normal stuff for the Central Coast of California. It can be hot one day, but then you are in for 10 days of cold. It is really cold in June, July and August. It follows that saying by Mark Twain, "The coldest winter I ever spent, was a summer in San Francisco." Although we are several hours south of San Francisco, we share the same weather pattern. I may have to make hot stew for the 4th of July. LOL

No comments: