Sunday, April 5, 2009

End of the Weekend

I finished the skirt and border this afternoon. Whoohoo! Now I am moving in the direction of the mistake. So far, things are lining up. Hopefully, it is just a small booboo and will not take a lot of frogging. I am really glad that I got to finish it. It is so lovely. It was such a large area so it really feels like I have accomplished alot.

I really did not stitch very much today. I came home from church feeling terrible, so I changed into sweats, got my down blanket and set up camp on the sofa in front of the race. My head was throbbing so hard, my chest was hurting and I felt really cold. So I wrapped myself up in my blanket and dozed on and off on the sofa. I never just lay in front of the television, so I must really be sick. I always have some project in my hands. I just did not feel well enough to sit up until late this afternoon.

The race was a good one and I was happy for Jeff Gordon today. Tony came in 4th but just did a phenomenal job all day in his Old Spice Car. This season just seems to get better and better.

My hubby worked on the garden today. He got some of our flowers into the ground, fixed the sprinkler system, and planted some really pretty nasturtium and ornamental cabbage seeds. It looks like he is going to build a couple small window boxes to put along the gray fence (boring) outside of our dining area that we will fill with geraniums, lobelia and alyssum. This should bring the dining area to life and create something beautiful for us to look at while we eat our dinner. These plants do so well here. I think we may try to procure some cyclamen, too. While Bob was outside, one of our neighbors that told us that this house used to have such a gorgeous garden said that she was so happy to see him working to restore the garden. It is going to take a lot of work. Hubby seemed pretty excited, but a bit tired. I can't wait to take pictures. He really got so much done.

We have been really thrilled because we are sighting finches in our garden. Bob said there were quite a few pretty little finches in the yard today. How lucky are we! Plus we have quite a few hummingbirds. They are so pretty to look at, but I am a little afraid of the ones that have buzzed my head in the past.

Wishing everyone a wonderful week!

No comments: