Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Everyone Knows It's Windy!

Whoa, Nelly! The weather is totally wild here. We have had really high winds all day! In fact, they were clocked at 61 mph at SFO today. The wind was accompanied by really chilly temperatures so that we could be really miserable. I swear it got worse and worse all day. The forecast was even threatening thunderstorms and the lights have been flickering all day and evening. The cherry on the ice cream sundae of the day was that a tree was blown down on the highway I take home, prompting closure. It took forever to get home tonight. There is a branch or something hitting the house. It is going to be a long night. Plus it is really, really cold.

I had another responsibility tonight, but with the threat of power outages, etc., we decided it was best to stay in rather than driving in the high winds. I got to watch the season premiere of Deadliest Catch, which totally rocked. I also got to work on my Aaronic Blessing. I just love the colors and there is a certain rhythm and logic of the piece that makes it a joy to work on. I am working on one of the panels and it really is flying by. I am enjoying the stitching of the piece which also makes it fly by.

It is blowing so hard right now, and whatever is hitting the roof is making it sound like the roof is coming off. It is going to be a really long and noise night. I am wondering how I will get any sleep. I fell asleep last night before I could read my catalogs. I may be up tonight with Nordic Needle.

No comments: